Industrial Safety Engineer – Dynetics – Huntsville, AL
Posted: Jan 09, 2020
Dynetics is seeking a talented Industrial Safety Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Industrial Safety Engineer will assist leadership to resolve safety issues by identifying risks, and by implementing mitigations, policies, and programs. Candidate will identify training opportunities and help develop presentations to ensure employee awareness of safety programs, initiate corrective actions and halt operations where necessary.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing safety surveys and worksite audits to ensure Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Working with leadership to resolve safety issues.
- Performing accident investigations
- Assignment and distribution of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and Safety equipment
- Aid in the coordination of Hazardous Waste Management
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) database management.
- Aid in the training of personnel in relation to safety.
- Perform research in relation to various safety subject matter.
- Maintaining current knowledge of safety legislation and regulations.
Position requires a BA/BS degree from an accredited university.
In lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5-years’ experience in a Safety related field is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Candidate must effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Candidate must have computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Candidate must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville – North Alabama, AL area.
To Apply, click here